05 December 2007

I like you but...: a story about how my clothes are holding back my social life

During iffy weather--that is, weather I'm not sure will make me feel chilly--I like to wear a scarf. It's surprising how keeping a warm neck warms your whole self. If the scarf fails to keep me adequately warm, it still conceals certain, ahem, evidence of chilliness. Scarves are much easier to carry around too. Lugging a coat when you walk as much as I do can be burdensome. All of this is to say, yesterday I was wore a scarf with a long sleeved tee shirt and jeans. I saw my boyfriend's four year old nephew. Or maybe he's five I don't know. Anyway Nephew and I were having a conversation about Toy Story when he paused and stared at me for several seconds.

What's up, Nephew?

I like you...

Hey, Nephew, I like you too.

But you're wearing a scarf. It's not winter outside.

Fall 2006

No comments: